Sunday 18 January 2009

silk screen print

It was suggested by fellow Udio troll Ricky, that we put out something more instant as a poster. This resulted in me buying a pot of ink and some unreliable dipping instrument -apparently a pen although i still don't trust it. The permanence scares me but i appreciate the ability to get a very instant, graphic image so quickly. It then seemed very natural to hide all of my short comings with the ink behind a pretty bit of color courtesy of a silk screen print run. I am wary of using hand printing methods as a form of currency conversion, enhancing an otherwise mundane image's attributes under the guise of new tactility but there were genuine pros for me to take the image into screen printing (honestly): Much cheaper and collectible (as there will be more). 

Jim 

No comments: